Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Staff Software Developer to join our Supplier and Integration Team in North America and focus mostly on the Frontend part of Lightspeed Retail product. You will work on lots of integration projects that will have a tremendous impact on the daily life of thousands of suppliers and merchants all over the world.
At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build our communities!
For this role, you can be located in Canada or the United States, +1/-1h time zone difference from EST.
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating and extending functionality of our products by contributing to our micro service -based platform
- Developing clean and highly maintainable code
- Collaborating as part of a team (squad) to deliver product features and functionality
- Engaging with our Product Managers, Architects, Principal developers, and other stakeholders
- Extending your own skills by learning from and growing with the team
What you need to bring:
We’re a team of 6 people spread across multiple locations in Canada and the US and looking for a Staff Software Developer who has experience with the following:
- High level experience developing and shipping production-grade software
- Front end web development
- Ownership for your features and systems throughout the SDLC and beyond
- Solid foundation in computer science
- Ability to analyse production environments, incidents and performance characteristics
- Eagerness to improve existing systems and plan new ones
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Experience working in Golang
- Experience working with node.js
- Experience in microservice architectures
- Experience writing automated unit and functional tests
- Experience with cloud environments like GCP, AWS, as well as container technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Experience with real time messaging systems (Pub/Sub, Kafka)
- Experience with both relational (SQL) and non-relational (NoSQL) data-stores
- A keen interest in API design
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of fully remote work
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family
- … and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Health insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- Volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!