As a Senior Product Manager you will be responsible for overall team product direction for the Lightspeed Retail Android mobile product, ensuring optimum & timely delivery from the development team. Responsibilities include ensuring the team is staffed for success, engaged, motivated, mentored and follows the Lightspeed & industry product management best practices. Product direction will include strategy, ideation, implementation & continuous product improvement. Detailed responsibilities are listed below.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Leading the vision for your product, the prioritization of the roadmap to achieve that vision, and building consensus with stakeholders
- Defining and tracking the success metrics of your product
- Drive product delivery in collaboration with world-class engineering and design teams
- Writing and grooming of product backlog and sprint objectives
- Create effective product documentation and communication
- Customer engagement, acquisition, monetization, and retention
- Collaborate cross functionally with go to market teams to ensure successful product roll outs
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product through the software development lifecycle
- Experience in Agile/Scrum development cycle, building and delivering high quality software on time
- Experience working in mobile, Android
- Experience working with UX/UI design teams
- Experience leading user research methods including site visits, interviews, and usability testing
- Experience pitching concepts and ideas to engineers, designers, and business stakeholders that are convincing in solving the given problem and are backed by a data-driven approach
- Proven ability to break down complex problems into feasible solutions, iteratively delivered and backed by a measurable success plan
- Passion for innovation and new product development, and the ability to provide a plan to get there
- A strong eye for and passion for creating awesome user experiences, including the ability to convey design ideas with sketches or wireframes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working with quantitative data
- Empathy for our users, a high level of integrity, and an entrepreneurial mindset
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Experience building clickable prototypes.
What’s in it for you:
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!