As Lightspeed’s Sales Trainer, your main focus will be around the effectiveness of our various sales teams. You will determine and respond to training needs with the ultimate goal of maximizing revenue generation across Lightspeed’s EMEA markets. By mentoring salespeople, designing individual and team training courses, and preparing educational material, you will play a critical role in helping our salespeople develop their skills and achieve their quotas.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Develop and maintain educational material including presentations, product training, documented processes, playbooks, sales scripts, and case studies
- Design training courses, both live and self-led, which include validation methods via role-playing activities and job simulation
- Coordinate training events: booking, track training, and coaching activity, record key metrics, ensuring that audit trail and training history are complete and up to date
- Coach employees on sales tactics and processes, while providing specific and helpful advice on coping with related challenges
- Support and streamline new hire (sales) onboarding program
- Improve Sales Training processes: discover gaps and implementation of processes.
- Skilled and knowledgeable about software (tech-savvy)
- Collaborate with managers to assess business needs and evaluate employees’ post-training performance
- Gather feedback on all training programs from trainers, managers and employees
- Other duties, as required
- Occasional travel expected
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Agility and solutions-focused - must be able to adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Proactive attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage multiple stakeholders and motivate people
- Accuracy in data management
- Experience in a sales or customer service position
- Thorough understanding of sales techniques
- Problem-solving skills
- Degree in Business, Education, Human Resources or relevant field
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience creating presentations and materials (e.g. videos, slides, documents)
- Work experience as a sales coach, sales trainer, or similar role
- Familiarity with role-playing activities and e-learning platforms
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Familiarity with LMS
- Facilitation Skills
- Working on an international team
- Speak Dutch, French or German
- Experience in a SaaS environment
- Experience in working in a retail or hospitality environment
- Are interested in new and emerging technologies
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!