Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Sales Development Representative to join our Vend by Lightspeed Sales team in Melbourne. You will be first point of contact for any inbound lead while also proactively sourcing and bringing new retail leads into the Vend sales process and educating high potential prospects about Vend.
We’re not an ordinary company and we don’t expect you to be either. So keep reading if you love the art of selling, delighting customers and have a natural affinity for technology!
What you’ll be doing:
- Initiate the sales process through multiple inbound and outbound cold calling, email, social media touch points;
- Proactively own a book of leads and nurture them to the point that they’re ready to make a purchase decision while continually searching for and increasing the number of potential customers to prospect;
- Self-source of additional new business opportunities for Vend by understanding customer requirements and have the first consultation with prospective customers;
- Improve our knowledge base and business intelligence on the retail sector in the region and regularly complete product and sales training modules;
- Maintain a clean inbound funnel and collaborate with Account Executives to get the best solution for the customer.
What you need to bring:
- Experience selling over multiple channels, phone, email, social, face to face and using multiple sales processes;
- B2B sales experience engaging with SMBs (preferably within retail);
- Experience qualifying sales leads and have previously generated a robust pipeline of leads;
- Experience working with a sales CRM such as Salesforce;
- Sales experience, including exposure in an outbound and/or new business development function, preferably selling SaaS solutions.
If you are looking for a career change and this sounds like something that interests you, get in touch!
What’s in it for you?
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a genuine impact.
Plus, we have a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Discounted health insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500
- Dog-friendly environment
- Free fresh fruits, snacks and drinks (and cake for your birthday!)
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Travel insurance for you and your family
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!