Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity in Retail? Or just checking the market but keen to try something new? Well... you are most certainly in the right place!
Lightspeed Retail is looking for experienced retail professionals to join our Sales team here in Melbourne. With a variety of roles available, the ultimate goal of each is to contribute to our mission to build solutions for hospitality owners who are looking to adopt Lightspeed Retail for their business.
Lightspeed powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy. Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail can build thriving businesses for the future.
Why are we looking for experienced retail professionals?
- You know how crucial a POS can be to the overall success of service with a store! Or maybe you've experienced first hand how poor systems and processes can hold a store back from reaching its full potential
- As a business that serves the Retail industry, we’re hugely passionate about empowering retail business owners with market leading POS and Commerce solutions! We’re sure you are too
- We work closely with retail business owners everyday. "That's where your retail expertise will be an asset to the team"
- We know that working in retail is hard work. Whether it’s helping a customer find the perfect outfit for every occasion or an obscure gift for a distant relative or managing in person customer interactions or working rapidly to keep up with peak periods. There’s so many amazing skills that Retail staff learn that are transferable to Sales
- The Retail industry moves so quickly and you’ve been on frontline experiencing the new trends like the increase in Click & Collect, Afterpay etc
- In short - you know our customers, the language they speak and what success looks like! Who better to partner with them and support their success?
So… what are the roles?
- Sales Development Representative - establishing first contact with prospective Lightspeed customers with the goal of understanding their business needs and introducing them to Lightspeed solutions!
- Account Executive - meet with customers and show them a deep dive into Lightspeed’s solutions, and negotiating with prospective customers to win the Sale!
- Account Manager - managing a portfolio of existing customers with the ultimate goal of showing and selling them new Lightspeed products to help them further enhance their business operations.
What you need to bring:
We're looking for candidates who have experience with the following:
- Retail background and a true passion for the industry
- Good time management with strong organizational skills
- You love a challenge, and you’re not afraid to speak your mind, get stuck in and share your ideas.
- You’re a strong communicator with experience engaging with businesses
- You can multitask, serving customers over multiple channels (phone, email, chat)
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the roles... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
We’ll be contacting successful applicants to learn more about their skills, motivations and experience & to educate them on Lightspeed and the roles.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!