Lightspeed is seeking a results-oriented Product Marketing Manager to help accelerate the launch and lifecycle management of our payment, retail and hospitality product lines. The key objective of this position is to improve how we take our products to market: establish positioning and messaging; conducting market analysis; and develop tools and documents in order to ensure a fast, consistent, accurate and impactful go-to-market strategy.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Becoming an expert of the payment, retail and hospitality industry and understanding the technology landscape that helps retailers and restaurateurs be successful
- Owning the execution of market research and gleaning nuanced market insights that will help inform our roadmaps and hone our messaging and pricing
- Recommending current and future market positioning opportunities, including new functionality, offerings, improvements and/or business models
- Learning the competitive landscape and products inside-out so that you can effectively position our products in the market as well as arm customer-facing teams with that knowledge
- Being the go-to person for messaging around our products and value proposition
- Partnering with Marketing, Product Management, Design & Customer Success teams to deliver your strategy, influencing product roadmaps and advocating for experiences that drive growth and customer satisfaction
- Developing and owning results for the 1-year GTM strategy as well as individual feature and product rollouts from start to finish
- Supporting and developing the long-term strategy, priorities and organization that will meet the brand and product marketing needs of our global business
- Maintaining a deep understanding of our customer and user personas to translate insights into strategies that help support and drive our roadmap
- Partnering with cross-functional teams to develop strategies and action plans on product and brand marketing initiatives
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Proven experience of working in a product marketing or equivalent role
- Knowledge of strategic planning, business analysis, marketing principles, research and analysis with strong project management skills
- Highly organized, analytical and a motivated self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including verbal, written and speaking at events
- Ability to build and maintain close working relationships and act as liaison with cross-functional and external stakeholders
- Ability to act as a positive, motivating leader who can inspire others to rise to new challenges
- Experience is the restaurant industry in any capacity is a strong asset
What’s in it for you:
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!