Lightspeed is looking for a Marketing Manager, to grow brand awareness and develop lead generation strategies through online and offline marketing campaigns in France and Switzerland. Reporting to the Director of Marketing EMEA, you will be driving the growth of our top of the funnel through organic channels, working on brand and partnership campaigns, PR initiatives, strong TOFU lead generation strategy, and overall conversion optimization.
The ideal candidate is data driven and technical on one side, and on another, exhibits strategic thinking, experience in crafting world-class marketing campaigns for hospitality and retail businesses. You also have the energy and drive to own projects from ideation to execution as well as great interpersonal and communication skills working with other departments and external parties.
Do we match?
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Hospitality and Retail Campaigns and Marketing programmes - FR & CH
- Put in place market penetration strategies for the Hospitality and Retail industries in the FR and CH markets
- Own and expand lead acquisition and revenue targets for the Hospitality and Retail industries, in collaboration with the regional Growth Specialist
- Manage two local Content Specialists, review and approve content for the website and other assets in order to grow organic traffic and improve conversions
- Partner up with the Hospitality and Retail Product Marketing and Marketing teams to develop, create and oversee the regional marketing roadmap in order to grow brand and product awareness while driving pipeline and revenue for the business
- Work closely with the FR and CH Sales teams; enabling them to meet their commercial objectives by providing them with appropriate tools, materials and presentations
- Measure, evaluate and iterate campaigns based on their performance. Oversee optimization and measurement of customer acquisition, cross-sell initiatives, and remarketing in order to deliver incremental sales and enable loyalty
- Work with the Director of Marketing to set and own the marketing budget for CH & FR
- Market Penetration and Brand development
- Work closely with Product and Marketing team to plan and launch new products and features
- Work with local Acquisition Specialist to develop ad campaigns tailored to the regional audiences
- Work with the Customer Growth team to develop FR and CH tactics that drive cross-selling and reduce churn
- Manage the local PR agency and collaborate with the global Communication team to generate media coverage
- Identify relevant regional events opportunities and trade shows and make recommendations on adequate presence and budget
- Support the creation of customer, partner, and internally-oriented events and webinars with help of the Event Specialist
- Develop relationships with local industry associations
- Lead, inspire and coach a team of 2 Content Specialists
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- 4+ years of marketing experience developing and leading marketing roadmaps, campaigns and projects from customer insight to ideation and execution.
- A strategic and analytical leader with a customer-centric focus and ownership mentality to deliver on business objectives and high-growth targets.
- Strong mastery for identifying marketing opportunities for new customer acquisition and for growing an existing customer base.
- Excellent collaborator with experience working with Product, Marketing and Sales leaders of various seniority.
- Strong project management and communication skills to lead and influence multiple stakeholders to meet project objectives and deadlines.
- Superior analytical skills with data tools experience.
- 1+ years of experience managing a marketing or communications team.
- Languages: French (native), English (professional proficiency). German is a big plus.
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Experience in product marketing, growth marketing or brand management
- Managed PR via an agency or using internal resources
- A passion for content creation
- Experience working with a globally dispersed team
- Experience in the B2B field: hospitality and/or retail
- An ability to lead, a hands-on and problem solving approach
- The discipline to keep track of ongoing, parallel projects and goals
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!