Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
Lightspeed is growing at a fast pace and we’re looking for a passionate Leader to join and head our Business Intelligence, reporting and analytics practices within our Corporate Data team. In this cross-company leadership role, you will be on the forefront of advancing Lightspeeds data driven decisions through a close partnership with key stakeholders.
You are inspired by generating value by leveraging data within the organization. Building high performing teams and collaboration are part of your skills. If you excel in driving insights from data and you are well versed in Business Intelligence, Data Management, Data Governance and Data Science, we might have the perfect opportunity for you.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Lead and facilitate the overall Business Intelligence (BI) and reporting strategy in collaboration with key stakeholders throughout all functions of the organization.
- Deliver on Business Intelligence and advanced analytics initiatives that generate insights for the business stakeholders and favor a self-serve data environment.
- Support the organization by deploying business analytics processes and manage cross-departmental analytics and reporting initiatives.
- Through the implementation of a center of excellence, orient, manage and train Lightspeed’s data community on BI and analytics standard practices.
- Collaborate with the Head of Data, Program Management Office (PMO), Information Systems (IS) and Product in establishing a clear roadmap to achieve the business intelligence and reporting vision and maturity.
- In collaboration with the Data Platform and Solutions teams, establish and deploy the Business Intelligence and analytics solutions needed to support the data strategy and OneData program.
- Thoroughly understand the business strategy and its stakeholders.
- Guide, motivate and grow a team of skilled data practitioners as they solve complex business problems. Identify and encourage areas for growth, education and career development for your team.
- Develop a resource management capacity plan to ensure the right resources are assigned to the agile business analysis squad, based on the enterprise objectives and key results and the Corporate Data prioritization framework.
- Implement and maintain Data Governance, DataOps, Data Management methodologies and standards.
- In collaboration with our legal and security teams, implement processes and standards for properly managing compliant data in alignment with regulatory bodies in different jurisdictions worldwide (SOX, GDPR, PII, etc.).
- Implement and maintain enterprise wide data domains such as financial, commercial, employee and merchant (client 360) data to support key business processes.
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of experience or Master's degree and years in a Data Management role with a focus on Business Intelligence (BI) and advanced analytics implementation.
- Project management skills: solid understanding of Agile developments and continuous delivery best practices applied to data related backlogs. Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and keep the team focused on the right things
- Management experience in a Software Engineering and Data context, with the ability to provide guidance, mentoring and context to team members
- Analytical, innovative, collaborative, tenacious and result driven mindset
- Strong leadership and communication skills, both written and verbal (French and English)
- Professionalism and ethical behavior
- Profound understanding of Data protection and ethical use of data within an organization in accordance to regulatory and compliance standards
- Ability to partner effectively with technical teams (back-office systems, technology foundations teams or product teams) to facilitate implementation of solutions.
- Experience with Data Management framework, more specifically DMBOK.
- Experience with Data Governance and Master Data Management
- Hands-on work is expected and should have a clear understanding of knowledge of technologies, governance, security, cost management within a Cloud based Data environment [Cloud DWH (BigQuery, Snowflake, RedShift), Middleware (Informatica, Talend), DAG pipelines (Airflow), iPaaS (Mulesoft, FiveTran), NoSQL (Document, Key-Value), BI(Looker, Tableau)]
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Knowledge of eCommerce and POS systems
- Experience with data capabilities in a cloud first / SaaS context
- Experience with Data Engineering and security management on data environment
- Experience with DataOps Concepts, Data Science, Cloud Infrastructure (GCP, AWS)
- Experience with Data Governance solutions (Collibra, Alation)
- Good understanding of design patterns
- Experience with event based and messaging systems
- Familiar with Jira, Confluence, Monday or similar tools
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you:
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of fully remote work
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Health insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Mental health online platform and counseling & coaching services
- Volunteer day
- LinkedIn Learning License
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!