Lightspeed is growing quickly and we need talented professionals to help us build our world class team. As the Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I), you will be responsible for building and leading the Global DE&I strategy. Additionally, in this role, you will be a member of the People and Culture leadership team and will be a critical advisor to the Head of People & Culture on all matters related to DE&I as the company continues to grow, both organically and through acquisitions.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Develop and implement Lighspeed’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategies, including recruitment, performance management, leadership development, employee engagement, rewards & recognition.
- Build and Lead the DE&I ERGs (employee resource groups), sponsored by our CEO.
- Work with leadership at all levels to provide ‘thought leadership’ on DE&I and influence policies and processes that support an inclusive work environment.
- Serve as subject matter expert and liaison to the entire P&C teams and the business to develop strategic action to attract/develop/retain diverse talent by analyzing and presenting talent demographics, monitoring data trends and developing diversity initiatives.
- Provide direction on country-specific cultures and traditions to incorporate into our global DE&I approach.
- Identify industry and company specific trends regarding best practices and systemic barriers and make recommendations to drive meaningful change.
- Develop metrics for measuring the effectiveness of DE&I initiatives.
- Benchmark and conduct research analysis, including monitoring and reporting on DE&I initiatives.
- Partner with communications to regularly communicate internal and external DE&I initiatives, events and progress.
- Identify, build, and sustain community partnerships to support DE&I projects / plans / initiatives and business strategies.
- Working closely with the Director of Communications, play a leading role in driving the long term development and execution of global CSR initiatives for the company.
- Partner with senior and executive leadership to define the methodology and roadmap to prioritize and scale high impact and groundbreaking initiatives from a CSR perspective.
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Experience developing, influencing and implementing measurable and scalable DE&I and CSR strategies and action plans on a global scale.
- Experience leading cross-functional, highly diverse teams toward the achievement of organizational goals in a matrix organisation
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Proven ability to influence and an unwavering belief that corporate responsibility can have a positive social, environmental, and economic impact for both the company and society
- Strong change management capabilities, evolving current practices, policies and processes while garnering buy-in and addressing organizational readiness.
- Data driven and analytical mindset
- A penchant for challenging convention of how the industry typically approaches DE&I, bringing thought-leadership and future-forward practices to elevate our business
- Track record of building effective cross-functional partnerships.
- Empathetic listener
- Excellent communication
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Proven ability to consistently and positively contribute in a fast-paced, challenging work environment while prioritizing multiple functions and managing time efficiently
- Proven ability to easily adapt quickly to changing priorities
What’s in it for you
- You will ensure Lightspeed’s employer brand is attractive internally and externally, you will create an environment known for its diversity, inclusivity and belonging, you will engage Lightspeeders in their workplace and you will motivate and encourage Lightspeeders to grow and develop their careers here.
- You will play a key role in branding Lightspeed as a premier employer of diverse and engaged talent and you will see your contributions and leadership have a direct impact on the overall success of the Company.
- You have the opportunity to join a fast-paced, industry leading global organization headquartered in the Canadian market.
- You will be exposed to and have autonomy to solve challenging problems that enable the company to grow and succeed.
- You will learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark.
- At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build our communities!
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!