Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Director of Account Management to join our team! In partnership with the Sales and Customer Success Management teams, you will maximize up-for-renewal dollars, identify risk and drive expansion opportunities. The position is responsible for end-to-end execution of the renewal lifecycle along with accelerating customer growth and value realized. The Director of Account Management supports the SVP of Customer Success to build, manage and advance the strategic retention model and commercial health of existing customers.
The ideal candidate has a full understanding of the SaaS contracting space in the Enterprise and Mid-market segments. They will resolve a wide range of issues while strengthening partnerships with existing clients. They are responsible for minimizing financial attrition, locking in favorable terms with our customers, identifying growth and providing insights to the business that improve future outcomes. Candidates must have experience in the following areas: creating renewal motions, negotiating and closing renewal agreements, managing through common objections, coaching sales or account manager teams and individuals, building expansion pipeline, creating expansion motions, building executive relationships and identifying, recruiting, hiring and retaining talent.
What you’ll be doing:
Drive Account Growth Outcomes:
- Expand our revenue in accounts through cross- and up-sell opportunities
- Drive new business growth through greater advocacy and referenceability
- Ownership and accountability - and quota for - renewals and expansion (upsell)
Excel in Retaining Customers:
- Maintain a high retention rate and ensure on-time renewals
- Lock customer contracts in for multi-year terms
- Leverage customer data and behavior to assess the health of each renewal
- Identify customer risk and opportunities; develop comprehensive strategies to combat and/or limit risk
- Address escalated customer issues with speed and urgency, orchestrating resources across the company as appropriate
Build Strong Executive Relationships:
- Manage, foster and grow relationships at the executive level with high visibility, key customers
- Understand customers’ landscape and business priorities, and articulate that back to NuORDER
- Know the value customers are looking for NuORDER to deliver on, and how we are progressing towards those goals
Recruit, Manage & Inspire the Team of Account Managers:
- Deliver transformational leadership so that team is highly motivated and engaged.
- Be an inspirational role model by challenging and maximizing the strength of the team and aligning their efforts to the mission and vision of the organization.
- Collaborate across functions - such as sales, RevOps, and CSM - to deliver seamless experiences for clients and drive business outcomes
What you need to bring:
- Minimum 10 years account sales experience in SaaS
- Demonstrated track record of account management and renewals success, preferably working with customers ranging from a diverse client set from SMB through Fortune 500 companies
- Demonstrated success in managing large account relationships and developing new account opportunities
- Experience owning global SaaS pipeline forecasting in Customer Success or Sales - grasp of the complexity of forecasting in a renewals/retention recurring revenue business
- Proven executive presence and resolve as well as strong communication skills, ability to articulate and sell a vision internally and externally
- Experience navigating a wide range of negotiations, contracts and legal discussions
- Track record of exceeding performance targets as an individual contributor and sales/renewal leader
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
We’re creative, innovative, and helping businesses become more efficient. Ensuring that each member of our team feels fulfilled and on track to become the very best employee they can be is important - and we encourage our people to discover new ways of achieving specific goals. We fully believe that each and every individual part of our organization provides value, a new perspective and progress to NuORDER’s growth and success. Come join us so we can build together!
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!