Lightspeed is currently seeking a Collections Specialist to join our Finance team. Reporting to the Collections Manager, the ideal candidate is self-motivated, possesses strong organizational skills, and is extremely attentive to detail. The Collections Specialist holds a customer-facing role and will primarily be responsible for contacting our customers with overdue account balances. If you love talking to customers, are familiar with accounting practices and can remain friendly, calm and authoritative, then this is the job for you!
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Communicate with customers for all outstanding amounts (primarily via phone)
- Arrange and follow up on payment agreements with customers
- Provide quality customer service to all our clients
- Identify the reasons for non-payment
- Produce the collection report in Excel
- Respond to all information requests from customers and different departments
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a similar position
- Possess strong English communication skills (oral/written)
- Ability to work under pressure, manage priorities and meet deadlines
- Be a skilled negotiator, organized, versatile and autonomous
- Maintain good relationships
- Experience in CRM
- Knowledge of Mac OS X
- Proficiency in any accounting system
- Knowledge of Excel (VLOOKUP, Pivot tables)
- Brew up? We have a full self-service coffee set up in the office featuring coffee from Australia’s finest roasters.
- Collaboration with international teams in Australia, Canada and Europe.
- Work hard and play hard with office table tennis
- Team building events
- Competitive HMO and benefits
- Awesome modern office space located in Ortigas
- Flexible work from home policy
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!